Saturday, July 21, 2012

a brief summary of Taylor's adventures

I've been very blessed this week to have my sweet friend, Taylor, here to visit and explore England with me :) She was supposed to leave Friday night & fly in on Saturday morning, but unfortunately there were some maintenance problems with the plane that took her from Birmingham to Atlanta and there were also some thunderstorms in Atlanta, which resulted in her missing the flight from Atlanta to Manchester that night. Thankfully, her aunt lives in Atlanta and was able to pick her up and keep her for the night and she left the next evening at the same time her original flight was supposed to leave. My dad and I went to pick her up at the airport Sunday morning and she definitely impressed me by saying she wanted to go to church with us (our church service doesn't start until 11) even though it meant running in to our house, taking a quick shower, and being ready to go in about half an hour. And she only nodded off in church once or twice ;) haha

I showed her around Stafford's town centre on Sunday afternoon and Monday, when I also took her to eat brunch at the Soup Kitchen, a really cute and very English cafe style restaurant downtown. Throughout the week, we went to a small outlet mall called Trentham Gardens (there are also gardens there but we have yet to go to them), drove to Shrewsbury, rode the train to Birmingham, drove to Stratford-upon-Avon, and visited Shugborough Estates and Stafford Castle. Taylor was able to find a really cute teapot at Trentham Gardens with little red poppies on it. I may be visiting her dorm for teatime next semester :) haha. 

I was SO glad she was able to visit and am looking forward to these last 10 days I have here with my family before I return to the states myself. 

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer! :)

Grace and Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment